19 Sep Acworth History & Southern Charm Tour
Check back for details on the 2019 event!
Brookwood Christian School will be hosting a History and Southern Charm Tour of Acworth on a Sunday in the fall from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. This is a self paced walking tour, though there are areas to park if you wish to drive, and shuttles between the longer distances. You will need to begin no later than 4: 00 p.m. to ensure enough time to complete the tour.
- McEver House c. 1840 (Ticket pick up & purchase)
- James W. McMillan House c. 1879
- Honeymoon House (Lemon Awtrey House) c. 1907
- “Mystery on Main” c. 1909 (still researching details on this house)
- Hamner Reed House c. 1940
- Sprayberry House c. 1943
- Edward W. Lemon c. 1900
- Burtz House c. 1880
The tour usually ends near Center Street Tavern, which has offered a $5 coupon off of $25 on each ticket.
Click here to view the event website.